By Ruth Munaka Mutsila
1. The word “forgive” means to wipe the slate clean, to pardon, to cancel a debt.
2. To completely let go of the hurt without thinking twice about it.
3. Forgiveness involves letting go of deeply held nagative feelings or emotions.
4. It does not mean pretending an offensive never happened, you deal with it.
5. Forgiveness means letting go of your right to punish the other person for what they did wrong to you. (No revenge)
6. It empowers you to recognize the pain you suffered without letting that pain define you, enabling you to heal Completely….
*NB:* The bible states that when someone hurts us, we under an obligation to forgive that person as CHRIST forgives.
“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
Matthew 6:14-15 NKJV
*We are Blessed Beyond Measure*